Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Ident 1: First Draft


This is the first "Complete" version of my first ident. It is set in a science "lab" where a basic but carefully constructed Rube Goldberg machine has been set up in order to turn on a laptop which then displays the BBC4 logo.

All modelling is original and the physics objects were set up from scratch, but textures are adapted from found images. The lighting uses the Radiosity plugin and Daylight (IES Sun & Sky) features built into 3D Studio Max- the tutorial I followed can be found here. This was my first time using these features. Rendering time for this 320x240 @ 30fps video was 15 minutes (I will render in PAL or HD resolution for the final copy). The music is "Lukis Covert Op" from PS2 game The Bouncer.

Further improvements to the video I am considering are tidying up the wires and power switch, making the wire going into the laptop more obvious, and adding some supports for the aluminium slopes. I may also make 100% original textures.

No comments: