Wednesday, 19 November 2008

April in Detail

The Easter image was quite simple yet still included advanced 3D Max functions.

Grass: The grass was created using a flat plane with a grass texture which I then applied soft selection to. I used a Hair and Fur modifier and changed the density and colours to look like grass.

Egg: The egg was a simple sphere with a colourful texture applied.

Background: The background was a plane with a cloud texture and the sun was created in 3D Studio Max using the Effects tool. I applied the Lens Flare effect to my Omni light in Max.

Lighting: I had one Omni light as the sun which cast ray traced shadows over the egg and the grass which gave a nice gradation of colour.

Potential Improvements: Although this scene is relatively simple, I am pleased with how it looks and it gave me a vital opportunity to get used to the hair and fur modifier as well as the effects built into 3D Studio. I would move the camera and objects so I could use depth of field if I was to create this again as I tried using it in this image but wasn't satisfied with the result.

No comments: